Pazham pori (Kerala snack). Pazham pori is an all time favorite snack of malayalees. It is also called "Ethakka appam". It is an easy to prepare Kerala snak.
This is a popular snack recipe in Kerala. Kindly do a try and give your valuable feedbacks on commands.🙂 If you like my recipes kindly subscribe my channel. Pazham pori is a popular snack from Kerala made with ripe bananas.
Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, pazham pori (kerala snack). It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Pazham pori is an all time favorite snack of malayalees. It is also called "Ethakka appam". It is an easy to prepare Kerala snak.
Pazham pori (Kerala snack) is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Pazham pori (Kerala snack) is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook pazham pori (kerala snack) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Pazham pori (Kerala snack):
- Get 3 of Ripe bananas.
- Prepare 1 Cup of All purpose flour.
- Get 1 Tablespoon of Rice flour.
- Get 1 Tablespoon of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 Pinch of Turmeric powder (optional).
- Make ready 3/4 Cup of Water.
- Take to taste of Salt.
- Take as required of Oil to deep fry.
Banana slices are coated in an all-purpose flour batter and then deep fried. Also during my stay in Kerala, the hotel where we lived would serve pazham pori at least twice or thrice a week in their complimentary evening snacks menu. Pazham pori recipe: pazham pori or ethakka appam is a Kerala snack where ripe banana slices are dipped in a flour batter and deep fried to get a crispy Pazham pori, ethakka appam, banana fritters, whatever it is called holds a special place in the cuisine of Kerala. Vegetarian Recipes, Ramzan Special Recipes, Snacks Recipes, Iftar Special Recipes.
Instructions to make Pazham pori (Kerala snack):
- Peel the plantains and slit it lengthwise..
- In a bowl, take all-purpose flour, rice flour, sugar, turmeric powder and salt. Blend it nicely by adding ¾ cup of water..
- Dip the plantain slices in the prepared batter and evenly coat them..
- Heat the oil in a deep bottom pan. When it is hot, deep fry the batter coated plantain slices by turning both sides till golden brown..
- Serve the pazham pori hot with a cup of tea after draining the excess oil using a paper towel..
- Notes :- Instead of rice flour, you can use Semolina as an alternative. It is mainly used to keep the pazham pori more crispy. You can also use ‘atta flour’ instead of all purpose flour.
Vegetarian Recipes, Vishu Sadya Recipes, Kerala Desserts. Pazham pori aka Ethakka appam or banana (Kerala Plantain) fritters is a traditional evening snack item in Kerala. Its available throughout Kerala and all most all Keralites prepares it the same way. Its simply ripe banana's coated with flour and deep fried in oil. Pazham pori is a deep fried Kerala snack made using ripe plantain bananas.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food pazham pori (kerala snack) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!