UPMA(SEMOLINA SNACK). Looking for full recipe? simply delish – try out this easy to make starter : Upma Pakoras or in other words Semolina Fritters. No matter where you go in India, upma is a very popular breakfast. It originated in South India but is also found in Maharashtra and Sri Lanka.
Vegetable upma with semolina – Simple and healthy vegetarian breakfast dish to please the whole Made with wholesome semolina and loaded with your favorite veggies, this spicy and savory brekkie. Upma Savory Semolina Dish is a super simple and easy recipe that can be incorporated in our daily lives as either snack or a complete meal. Semolina is the coarse, purified wheat middlings of durum wheat mainly used in making upma, pasta, and couscous.
Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, upma(semolina snack). One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Looking for full recipe? simply delish – try out this easy to make starter : Upma Pakoras or in other words Semolina Fritters. No matter where you go in India, upma is a very popular breakfast. It originated in South India but is also found in Maharashtra and Sri Lanka.
UPMA(SEMOLINA SNACK) is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look fantastic. UPMA(SEMOLINA SNACK) is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have upma(semolina snack) using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make UPMA(SEMOLINA SNACK):
- Take 8 tbsp of semolina.
- Take 2 small of onions.
- Make ready 5 cup of water.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of white sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of white split urad dal(optional).
- Prepare 10 of curry leaves.
- Get 10 grams of red chillie flakes.
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 1 1/3 tsp of oil.
The word semolina can also refer to sweet dessert made from semolina and milk. The term semolina is also used to designate coarse middlings from other varieties of wheat. Upma is a traditional Indian breakfast made with sooji (also called rava in south). Rava Upma is often served with coconut chutney and filter coffee.
Instructions to make UPMA(SEMOLINA SNACK):
- Its best to assemble all the ingredients before you start cooking as all things go in quick succession..
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan,once hot add mustard seeds once they start popping add curry leaves.
- Once they start crisping add urad dal and stir till slightly brown,quickly add onion till it sweats,add sesame seeds,chilli flakes,and the semolina..
- Dry cook on slow flame the semolina stirring all the time for about 8-10minutes ,this is the time you have to make sure your boiling hot water is nearby..
- After about 8-10 minutes the semolina turns pinkish add the hot water very carefully and then increase flame add salt mix well and cover to cook for about 2-3 minutes..
- Make sure all the moisture is absorbed,cook on low flame if not,till it is the consistency of dry paste. Turn off the heat,garnish with chopped coriander leaves and savour it hot..
I mostly eat it as much but of course the addition of. It is usually served with coconut chutney and filter coffee. Wheat Semolina Upma: -Wheat semolina is another healthier option when compared to white semolina. Upma prepared using wheat semolina is very tasty. Rava / Sooji (Semolina) Upma Recipe is one of the favorite breakfast item in south India.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food upma(semolina snack) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!