Potato Salad with Mustard & Herbs. Southern style mustard potato salad is the perfect side dish! Boiled potatoes are mixed with crunchy celery, cooked eggs, and a creamy mustard dressing in this classic southern recipe. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water.
Hello folks and welcome to Tony's Comfort Kitchen. This potato salad with Dijon mustard dish is a delight and super simple to make. Roughly chop cooled potatoes into a large bowl.
Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, potato salad with mustard & herbs. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Potato Salad with Mustard & Herbs is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Potato Salad with Mustard & Herbs is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Southern style mustard potato salad is the perfect side dish! Boiled potatoes are mixed with crunchy celery, cooked eggs, and a creamy mustard dressing in this classic southern recipe. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have potato salad with mustard & herbs using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Potato Salad with Mustard & Herbs:
- Get 3 lbs of Cambray potatoes.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar.
- Take 3-4 tbsp of Dijon mustard (I recommend the one with whole grains).
- Make ready 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 5 of scallions.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of parsley leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh dill.
- Get to taste of salt and pepper.
Add cornichons, mustard greens, and mayonnaise mixture. Cover and set aside in the This is a delicious, refreshing salad with a small kick. I will be making this for my church's annual summer picnic, if the Covid Virus let's us have one! Not only does this potato salad recipe has a healthy ingredients list, but these ingredients all come together beautifully to create a creamy blend of amazing flavors.
Steps to make Potato Salad with Mustard & Herbs:
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and then cook uncovered until done (20-25 minutes). They're done when a knife slides easily in and out of a potato. Meanwhile:.
- Chop scallions, parsley and dill (doesn't need to be too fine a chop). Combine..
- In a large bowl, whisk together mustard and vinegar. Then, very slowly (as if you were making mayonnaise), add the oil while whisking briskly (say that five times fast!). This creates a creamy emulsified dressing that makes all the difference in the world!.
- Once the potatoes are done, drain them and rinse them with cold water to cool them down. Once at room temperature, cut them in halves. Combine with the dressing, mixing gently to coat them. Season with salt and pepper..
- Add the chopped herbs and scallions, combine. Transfer to a serving bowl and bask in its beauty!.
- Serve and enjoy! (a nice cold beer is an excellent pairing).
This is why this traditional southern potato salad with mustard, eggs and pickles is a salad that you'll want to make again and again. This potato salad recipe is best chilled but can stay at room temperature for up to two hours. You can also use sweet-hot mustard in place of the Dijon and honey for a zesty flavor. This flavorful mustard potato salad is easy to make at home—you don't have to rely on a tasteless and mushy version from the deli! Leave the skins on not only to save time, but also for added color, flavor, and nutrients.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food potato salad with mustard & herbs recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!