Leek and pumpkin soup with lime. Flavored with leeks, maple syrup and spices, this velvety pumpkin soup is perfect for fall. Hello Jenn, Pumpkin Leek Soup recipe arrived today. Went right out and bought the ingredients.
Really hearty and the leeks with the squash and sweet potatoes make for a really full flavor combination. Leek and Potato Soup is a number one classic in our house, but for something different try it with what I call the perennial pumpkin – butternut squash. A thick and luscious soup to be enjoyed during the winter.
Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, leek and pumpkin soup with lime. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Leek and pumpkin soup with lime is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Leek and pumpkin soup with lime is something that I have loved my entire life.
Flavored with leeks, maple syrup and spices, this velvety pumpkin soup is perfect for fall. Hello Jenn, Pumpkin Leek Soup recipe arrived today. Went right out and bought the ingredients.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook leek and pumpkin soup with lime using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Leek and pumpkin soup with lime:
- Prepare 1 of large leek, halved lengthwise and chopped.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of butter.
- Take of salt and pepper.
- Make ready 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Make ready of zest of 1/2 lime.
- Get 200 g of pumpkin purèe.
- Get 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- Make ready of juice of 1/2 lime.
- Take pinch of nutmeg (optional).
Sauteed pumpkin and leeks are pureed, then simmered with a creamy chicken stock. Perfect with a thick wodge of crusty bread. This Pumpkin Soup is really smooth and creamy even though it doesn't actually have any cream in it. There's coconut milk added to the soup to make it extra luscious, so it is also not I like adding chili powder or cayenne pepper to the soup to counteract the sweetness of the pumpkin and sweet potato.
Steps to make Leek and pumpkin soup with lime:
- Melt butter in pot over medium heat. Add leeks, garlic, and lime zest, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until very soft, for about 15 minutes..
- Stir in the pumpkin purèe, and add milk and water. Turn the heat to medium-high; when it starts to boil, turn down the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes..
- Blend the soup with a hand blender. Stir in lime juice and nutmeg, and season with salt to taste. Serve with lime wedges and a dollop of crème fraîche, if desired..
Potato Leek Soup is a classic! Nothing's better than a bowl of hearty potato soup on a chilly day. To make this soup, cook chopped leeks in a little butter, then add diced potatoes, stock, and herbs. Saute the leeks in the butter and olive. A simple vegetable soup made without dairy.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food leek and pumpkin soup with lime recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!