Tomato Basil Soup.
Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, tomato basil soup. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Tomato Basil Soup is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look wonderful. Tomato Basil Soup is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook tomato basil soup using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Tomato Basil Soup:
- Take 1/2 stick of butter.
- Get 4 Tbsp. of Olive oil.
- Prepare 3 of medium yellow onions, grated.
- Make ready 1/2 C. of flour.
- Prepare 4 (28 oz.) of Cans of crushed tomatoes.
- Make ready 1 1/4 C. of Chicken broth.
- Take 1/4 C. of Sugar.
- Get 1 Tbsp. of Kosher salt.
- Take 1 tsp. of Celery salt.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp. of Black pepper.
- Prepare 3/4 C. of Heavy cream.
- Make ready 2 Tbsp. of Honey.
- Make ready 1/4 C. of Fresh basil leaves, torn.
Instructions to make Tomato Basil Soup:
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook gently until soft and translucent, about 15 minutes..
- Add flour and stir to combine until slightly pale gold, do not allow to brown..
- Stir in the tomatoes, chicken broth, sugar, salt, celery salt, and pepper. Rise heat to medium until it starts to boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes, scraping the bottom of the pot frequently..
- Stir in torn basil, heavy cream and honey. Remove from heat and puree with immersion blender or in batches in a standing blender until smooth. Top with drizzle of heavy cream and more fresh basil..
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food tomato basil soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!