Potato and Leek Soup.
Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, potato and leek soup. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Potato and Leek Soup is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Potato and Leek Soup is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have potato and leek soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Potato and Leek Soup:
- Prepare 1 quart of chicken broth.
- Get 2/3 pound of smoked bacon.
- Take 3 cups of chopped savory cabbage.
- Get 6 of medium sized potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of large carrots.
- Take 1 of leek.
- Take 1 of medium onion.
- Get 1-1/2 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt.
- Get 1 teaspoon of caraway seeds.
- Make ready 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Take 1/3 cup of parsley flakes.
- Take 1 leaf of bay leaf.
- Take 2/3 cup of sour cream.
Instructions to make Potato and Leek Soup:
- Chop the cabbage, peel the carrots, and fry the bacon. Wash and dice the potatoes..
- Cut the the carrots. Dice the onion. Wash the leek very well. Then slice..
- Add the butter and melt in the pot add all but the sour cream to the melted butter. Crumble the bacon and add. Simmer on low till all the vegetables are tender. About an hour covered..
- Take two cups of broth from the soup. Add the sour cream to the broth you took out and whisk till mixed well..
- Pour mixture back into the soup and incorporate well cover and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!!.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food potato and leek soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!