Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, creamy chicken, kale and rice soup. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have creamy chicken, kale and rice soup using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup:
- Get 2 of chicken breast, boiled cooled and shredded (or use rotisserie).
- Prepare 2.5 cups of fresh kale, chopped.
- Get 1 of large onion, diced.
- Take 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Get 3 of celery, diced.
- Prepare 2 of small-medium carrots, diced.
- Get 2 tbs of flour.
- Get 2 tbs of butter.
- Get 1.5 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Get 1/2 cup of cream (half&half is fine).
- Take 6 cup of chicken stock.
- Get 3/4 cup of rice (uncooked).
- Get 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Take 2 tsp of dried basil.
- Take 1 of dried bay leaf.
- Make ready to taste of Salt and pepper.
Steps to make Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup:
- In a large pot, heat oil with butter on medium high heat. Sautee onion and garlic until onion translucent. Then add your carrots and celery, cook for 4 min..
- Add the flour to the pot and cook for 2-3 min. Add your milk and cream to the pot. Cook for 5 more min, the mixture should be pretty thick..
- Add your shredded chicken to the pot and stir to combine. Add all of your chicken stock. Let this cook together for about 20 min. (On medium low).
- After 20 min, add your rice and kale to the pot, cook for another 30 min. (On medium low).
- The longer you let it cook, the thicker it will become..
- Note: if u boil bone in chicken for this recipe. Save the water you boiled the chicken in, just strain it to remove any icky parts and add that to your soup if you dont have stock..
- This makes a lot of soup, the leftovers are even better if you can imagine!!.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food creamy chicken, kale and rice soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!