Ukrainian Borscht (Beet Soup).
Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, ukrainian borscht (beet soup). It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Ukrainian Borscht (Beet Soup) is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Ukrainian Borscht (Beet Soup) is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook ukrainian borscht (beet soup) using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Ukrainian Borscht (Beet Soup):
- Get 3 of medium beets peeled and grated.
- Prepare 6 Tbsp of olive oil divided.
- Get 4 cups of reduced sodium chicken broth + 6 cups water.
- Prepare 5 of medium potatoes peeled and sliced into bite-sized pieces.
- Prepare 2 of carrots peeled and grated.
- Get 2 of celery ribs trimmed and finely chopped.
- Make ready 1 of medium onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of ketchup.
- Make ready 1 can of white navy beans.
- Get 2 of bay leaves.
- Take 2-3 Tbsp of white vinegar.
- Make ready 1 tsp of salt.
- Get 1/4 tsp of black pepper freshly ground.
- Take 1 of large garlic clove pressed.
- Make ready 2 Tbsp of dill.
Steps to make Ukrainian Borscht (Beet Soup):
- Peel, grate and/or slice all vegetables, keeping sliced potatoes in cold water until ready to use..
- Heat a large soup pot (5 1/2 Qt or larger) over medium/high heat and add 4 Tbsp olive oil. Add grated beets and sauté 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until beets are softened..
- Add 4 cups chicken broth and 6 cups water. Add sliced potatoes and grated carrots then cook for 10-15 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork..
- While potatoes are cooking, place a large skillet over medium/high heat and add 2 Tbsp oil. Add chopped onion and celery. Saute stirring occasionally until softened and lightly golden (7-8 minutes). Add 4 Tbsp Ketchup and stir fry 30 seconds then transfer to the soup pot to continue cooking with the potatoes..
- When potatoes and carrots reach desired softness, add 1 can of beans, 2 bay leaves, 2-3 Tbsp white vinegar, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1 pressed garlic clove, and 3 Tbsp chopped dill. Simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes and add more salt and vinegar to taste..
- Serve with vushka or garlic bread (optional) Enjoy!.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food ukrainian borscht (beet soup) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!