Caramelized Tomato Soup.
Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, caramelized tomato soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Caramelized Tomato Soup is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Caramelized Tomato Soup is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook caramelized tomato soup using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Caramelized Tomato Soup:
- Get 2 of roma tomatoes, very ripe.
- Prepare 2 of cans diced tomatoes (14oz. each).
- Take 1 of tbsp tomato paste.
- Make ready 2 of small to medium carrots.
- Make ready 1 of celery stalk.
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion.
- Take 2 of cloves garlic.
- Take 200 gr of elbow or any other small pasta (7oz).
- Get 170 gr of panela cheese (6oz).
- Get 2 of tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 3 of tbsp unsalted butter.
- Take 4 of tbsp sour cream.
- Take of to taste tarragon.
- Take of to taste salt (I use pink Himalaya salt).
- Make ready of to taste freshly ground black pepper.
Steps to make Caramelized Tomato Soup:
- Chop carrots, celery, and fresh tomatoes, reserve. Chop onion and garlic..
- Cut the cheese in small cubes, put in a bowl and reserve for later use..
- Drain the canned tomatoes over a bowl. Use a spoon to squeeze the tomatoes and get them as dry as possible. Save the juice!.
- Put a large saucepan over medium heat, add the oil and 1 tbsp butter. Once hot, add the chopped onion and garlic, season with salt & pepper and saute until onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Stir often..
- Add carrots, celery, and the fresh tomatoes. Cover and let cook until the carrots are just tender, about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally..
- Add the drained canned tomatoes and the tomato paste. Cook uncovered and stirring frequently, until the tomatoes caramelize, about 15 minutes..
- While the tomatoes caramelize, boil a pot with salted water and cook the pasta until al dente. Drain the pasta and return to pot, mix with the rest of the butter, salt and pepper, and set aside..
- Once the tomatoes are caramelized, add the strained juice from the canned tomatoes, plus 2 cups water to the saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook, partly covered, for an additional 10 to 15 minutes (the vegetables should be very tender at the end).
- Transfer the soup to a blender and pureé. Careful: soup is very hot; start at a low speed and gradually increase it to avoid splattering. Watch for your desired texture: I prefer a a more chunky soup, but you can pureé until silky smooth if you want. Once blended, return to saucepan..
- Add the buttered pasta to the soup and mix well..
- Divide the cheese into plates and scoop the soup on top. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and a pinch of tarragon. Enjoy!.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food caramelized tomato soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!