Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, minestrone soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Minestrone Soup is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Minestrone Soup is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook minestrone soup using 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Minestrone Soup:
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Take 1 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- Make ready 2 of large carrots, peeled and diced.
- Make ready 2 stalks of celery, diced.
- Make ready 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup (2 oz.) of tomato paste.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp. of each oregano, dried basil.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp. of ground thyme.
- Prepare 1 can (28 oz.) of fire roasted crushed tomatoes.
- Get 4 cups of unsalted vegetable broth.
- Take 2 of bay leaves.
- Make ready 3/4 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of pepper.
- Prepare 2 of small potatoes, scrubbed and diced.
- Prepare 1 of zucchini, diced.
- Prepare 1 of yellow squash, diced.
- Get 1 can (15 oz.) of unsalted cannellini beans, drained and rinsed.
- Take 1 cup of ditalini pasta (or other small shape).
- Prepare 2 of heaping cups spinach, roughly chopped.
Steps to make Minestrone Soup:
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil and the butter. Once it's hot and the butter has melted, stir in the onions, celery and carrot with a big pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until they have begun to soften up, about 3-5 minutes. Then stir in the tomato paste, garlic, oregano, thyme and basil. Cook about 2-3 minutes more, stirring pretty often..
- Pour a bit of the broth in and deglaze the pan. Then the rest with the crushed tomatoes and bay leaves. Increase the heat to med-high and let this come up to a simmer. Once its simmering, stir in the beans, potatoes, zucchini and yellow squash along with the salt and pepper. Let this all simmer together until the veggies are all tender. Last, take out the bay leaves and stir in the chopped spinach and let it wilt down. Taste and add more salt, pepper, etc until you're happy with the flavor..
- While the soup is coming to a simmer, heat a separate pot of salted water over high heat. Once its boiling, cook the ditalini pasta according to package directions, then drain and set it aside until the soup is done..
- To serve, you can stir the cooked pasta into the soup, or if you're going to have a lot of leftovers, you can just keep them separate and add the pasta to individual bowls and pour the soup over top of it… that way the pasta won't absorb all the liquid..
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food minestrone soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!