French Onion Soup. Stay warm with this GREAT French onion soup! With beef stock base, slow-cooked caramelized onions, French bread, gruyere and Parmesan cheese. French onion soup (French: soupe à l'oignon [sup a lɔɲɔ̃]) is a type of soup usually based on meat stock and onions, and often served gratinéed with croutons or a larger piece of bread covered with cheese floating on top.
Look, French Onion Soup a challenging soup to eat: chunks of chewy cheese and soggy bread floating on top.but it's supposed to be that way. I often suggest additions or subtractions to a recipe. Learn how to make French onion soup with this classic French onion soup recipe!
Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, french onion soup. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Stay warm with this GREAT French onion soup! With beef stock base, slow-cooked caramelized onions, French bread, gruyere and Parmesan cheese. French onion soup (French: soupe à l'oignon [sup a lɔɲɔ̃]) is a type of soup usually based on meat stock and onions, and often served gratinéed with croutons or a larger piece of bread covered with cheese floating on top.
French Onion Soup is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. French Onion Soup is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have french onion soup using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make French Onion Soup:
- Get of The Stock.
- Get 4 lb of lbs. cracked beef bones/soup bones w/o meat.
- Make ready 2 of onions, halved.
- Get 2 of scrubbed quartered carrots.
- Get 2 of celery stalks.
- Take of bouquet garni:0.25 tsp. thyme, 1 bay leaf, 6 parsley sprigs, 2 unpeeled garlic cloves, 2 whole cloves.
- Make ready 10 cups of water.
- Get of For the Onions and Soup.
- Take 1 1/2 lbs of or about 5 cups of thinly sliced yellow onion.
- Make ready 3 Tbsp of Tbs butter+1 Tbs Oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of ⁄4 tsp sugar (helps the onions to brown).
- Get 3 Tbsp of flour.
- Take 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- Get of The strained Stock.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- Make ready 2 Tbsp of tbs Cognac, brings the flavors together.
- Get 4 of rounds of hard-toasted french bread.
- Get of Grated good Swiss Cheese to cover.
- Prepare of Cook and assemble.
It's easy to make, full of amazing flavor, and can be made vegetarian by using vegetable stock. A French Onion Soup recipe we heard you say!? No problem, French Guy Cooking to the rescue. Sweet onions, melted cheese and finished with a gnarly top.
Instructions to make French Onion Soup:
- Heat oven to 450F. Arrange the meat, bones, onions, and carrots in a cast iron pan. Place in the middle portion of the oven and roast for 30-40 minutes, turning occasionally until nicely browned..
- Remove from the oven and drain fat out of roasting pan. Transfer into an 8 or 10 quart soup kettle. Pour a cup or two of the water to the pan, set over heat (or back in the still hot oven). Scrape up all the brown bits at the bottom. Pour all that into the kettle..
- Tie the Bousquet garni in a coffee filter or cheese cloth..
- Cover ingredients with 10 cups water. Bring to a simmer, skim and add the salt, celery and bouquet garni. Simmer the stock for 4 to 5 hours. Strain the stock out of the kettle into a bowl..
- ONIONS, COOKING AND FINAL ASSEMBLY.
- Melt butter, add oil to a large pot. Add sugar and onions, cover and cook on low for 30 minutes..
- Raise heat and cook, stirring often on medium until golden, around 45 minutes.
- Stir in flour, cook for a minute and add stock and wine. Partially cover and simmer gently for one hour..
- Add Cognac, ladle into oven proof soup bowls, add bread slice and cover with cheese..
- Bake at 400 degrees until lightly brown..
French Onion Soup is essentially caramelised onion in soup form topped with cheesy bread. French Onion Soup is probably one of the most epic soups in this whole wide world. French onion soup is one of my favorite comfort foods. For years, I haven't been able to find a good vegetarian version of it, because it's traditionally made with beef broth. Tyler's French onion soup is a hearty classic that's surprisingly low-cost.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food french onion soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!